Tiffany Rose Moczydlowski
Winds and Wings
Music notes slip through the atmosphere
The soothing sorrow filling
The chilly air right here
My chest fills with awe
Whilst I softly serenade
This melody stolen from the grave
A lonely rose in a glass
Still alive, sits proper
Ambitions amassing to none
''Oh poor graceful plant, ''
''Thy's only destiny is to lament
In thy's limitations
Never knowing the joyous feelings
Pity washes over me
As I gaze upon this
Ancient symbol of love and beauty
''Thou shalt be allowed
To live freely; 'Tis your right! ''
Suddenly a light flashes
Within my eyes, burning bright
A breeze surrounds the prisoner
Picking up power as the moments pass
Red darkens to black
Petal transform to feathers
All within the tiny cylinder
Containing uncanny weather
As quickly as they appeared
Leaving a creature in their place
''Oh thank you, oh thank you! ''
Cried the raven, with a tear
''Thou has saved me from
An existence entirely for show!
No longer shall I mourn
The dragging demise of wilting, being torn.
But now, do I wonder,
How shall I make this life my own? ''
My voice mixing with the moonlight
Creates an entrancing scene
''O beautiful bird, you dost not see
What is clearly your destiny?
Those secrets I ought not say
But heed these words,
Let them lead your way...
If you remember to fly
Where you wish,
Not only where you should.
If you follow your heart's desires,
Then be happy, you would.
Never let evil lead you astray.
Instead always follow your own path, your way.''
Intently absorbing my admonition
This ebony creature's gaze stays steady
Speaking clearly, but with hesitation
A whisper escapes her, ''I'm ready.''
Graceful wings unfurl, she perches no more
''I bid thee luck in life...''
The voice resonates throughout the dim chamber
As my beautiful daughter glides through the sky
A slow, bittersweet smile emerges
''I couldn't envision a better moment
To succumb to Fate.''
My physical form converts to ashen
Whilst my mind is aloft with passion
Hoping her travels dost not
Unravel that bird-of-night's values
A whisper of wind lightly approacheth
My long-time friend finally embraces me
My own soul finally free
As the ashes scatter as if they're leaves
Dancing in the breeze with perfect harmony
Tiffany Rose Moczydlowski's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Winds and Wings by Tiffany Rose Moczydlowski )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(August 5, 1934)
Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Blue Roses, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Not A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- let's worship nothing, forever, Mandolyn ...
- Keep Patience and Stand, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Nothing Seems Right, Andrew Butler
- Seventeen Thoughts, A Lifetime, Kewayne Wadley
- Strangers Welcome, Kewayne Wadley
- What is truth?, Edward Clapham
- A Most Happy Holiday, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Christmas - Christmas, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Cage, Sarvesh wahie