Adegbite Adeyinka Poems
- Undying Love The Son who errs, His father will not hold If...
- Goodnight's Prayer Guard the pane of my heart Let not foes ...
- To My Dad I write to honour a father The figure that bears ...
- Day I Told Pa A Lie Day I told Pa a lie The words reply like...
- Prayer Prayer, the chart that maps our way That we should ...
- A Late Night Tryst I robbed the night of my love, I stole ...
- Tomorrow, Tomorrow Tomorrow, Tomorrow Who holds the morrow? ...
Proudly African! A legal practitioner who's passionate about poetry. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''Words are like an egg when spoken. And once it is broken, its pieces no longer fit.''A. J. Adegbite
''If every man had the precognition of how soon his end would come, he'd make carefully his choices. But since he doesn't, let him take each day like it's his last and live right.''A. J. Adegbite
''Keep pushing through the struggle. Success lies in strength and endurance.''Hardwork
Comments about Adegbite Adeyinka
The Son who errs,
His father will not hold
If sin, such love, deters
Love of man is sold
Can, stool, the mind forgive
Smeared on a dish of meal and give?
My love be bought by what I see
But loving all, I seldom do
You bore the cross and paid the fee
For we, ungrateful 'who'
Albeit, the robes of our sin
For us, the scourge tore your skin.
Made us a worthy nation
You burn the cloak, condemnation,
And doctor our spirit, health.
I shall speak of this undying love
Of the Father up above.