Alberto Cappas Poems
- Suicide Of A Puerto Rican Jiba...
- Maria's Journey She was sitting there. The lonely traffic ...
- The Educational Pledge - Dedic...
- Father Of My Nephew Crafting letters Poet after birth of ...
- Dona Julia Doña Julia Committed suicide last night Cause ...
- Letter For Iris It was long ago yesterday. The oldies, the ...
- Milagros: A Love Story When she was born her mother named ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Alberto Cappas
Suicide Of A Puerto Rican Jibaro In Mainland Buffalo
They didn’t understand.
They were all Americans now.
He would smile sometimes,
thinking about his youth in Ponce,
Carmen, Rosa, Teresa & Liza.
Holding on to dreams
that helped him stay alive.
The tropical music that was killed
by the new sound of “salsa.”
But they didn’t understand,
his children didn’t understand.
A million times his body was raped
by the unfriendly cold.
The farm he sacrificed
to pursue the American Dream,
trying to buy some dignity in the trade
of the unemployment office,
shoveling the snow that invaded
his tropical ...