Alefya Najmi Poems
- I Pass These Graves Everyday I pass these graves everyday ...
- Burnt Soul You have burnt my soul, Scattered my ...
- What To Write About? What to write about? Plight of the ...
- My Death And Me I know my days are numbered, And every ...
- The New World Explanation, reasons, justifications, And an ...
- Inquisitive Fingers Inquisitive fingers, Going all over, ...
- Contrast Standing in my balcony, In the early hours of ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Alefya Najmi
Standing in my balcony,
In the early hours of dawn,
I encounter two separate worlds.
One lies in front of my wakeful eyes,
In the form of yellow street lights,
And the dead silent trees on deserted road,
Afraid even to talk to themselves,
As the human neighbors around them,
Rest with their souls gone.
The toy of the mankind has the night off as well,
To recharge its batteries, in its slumber mode.
But wait I hear these monsters,
Plying down the highway,
Serving their masters with full speed.
I wonder then what pressing worldly affairs, ...