Allison Helman Poems
- Cumulus How many times did you look at clouds and see ...
- Leaves Leaves do not take a hint That they enchant trees no ...
- Winter Is First Born Babes nude and baldly Their cries crack...
- Slide Rule Weigh well the price of new perspectives. They ...
- Daddy Not born with a silver spoon in my mouth, You did ...
- A Truth Amid Persuasion Chirping there, and there, but ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Not born with a silver spoon in my mouth,
You did place a cultured pearl in my hands.
And so from this sweet irritation,
The good of humanity glows that much more
The mediocre is seen toxic
And the bad, the bad from this.
I, bouncing in sky
Your hands chafing my belly
This is you for the first time that always I'll know.
It is Daddy setting me upon the air.
And now gravity can be grave indeed.
My hair is also falling out.
I've been tripping a lot like you too.
I wonder, if it is just like you wanted for me
Dancing, upon the air
In bluest ...