Alyssa Long Poems
- Superwoman Becomes Mediocremat... Behind the clouded ...
- Colors Fade His favorite color, blue Stains my irises. It ...
- It's Me Or Maryjane I sit pensively Alone on the futon, ...
- Be As We Be Hearts and heads Like parachutes Work best when...
- Chicken Of The Sea Like a fish on hook She reels me in I ...
- High Tide Your current is Too strong to resist. Your tide...
- America Stop striving For equality. Learn to love
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Alyssa Long
Superwoman Becomes Mediocrematron
Behind the clouded streams
Of mascara and distancing dreams,
She barricades her soul,
And slips like static into the whole.
Just a face in the crowd;
A deal with death avowed.
Erratic impulses devour
Her faith in her final hour.
No longer can she comprehend
That God's will can amend
Her abbreviated term.
Thus, extending her foot from the ledge's firm,
She dives into the shadows.