Anand Brown Poems
- Awake In The Morning Have you ever been awake in the morning?...
- Bitter But Better The darkness creeps so soft and fast, And...
- I Don'T Need Much Tossed with neutral hope out of a kind ...
- Township Life The gong of the sun rises upon a dusty plain ...
- First Letter To Myself Part 1 The time continues to tick ...
- Life On Earth
- Africa Is Dark Look at that poor child He is the face of ...
I am Anand Brown a 20 year old poet from the industrial town of Uitenhage in South Africa.
I am Literature student at the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University.
I wrote my first poem at the age of 17 and never looked back.
I hope my work will speak to you as it has to me. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Anand Brown
Awake In The Morning
Have you ever been awake in the morning?
To see the golden
Line hug the horizon when
Sun meets Earth.Feel the
Cool-cool breeze upon your face,
As it holds onto the air,
While sparrows shake their fluffy bodies
In a ceremonial preparation for the day.
The silent noise that overwhelms the
Aura of order over the dead people,
Cadaverous with sleep!
Roosters boisterously lift their heads acutely into the air
And proclaim to the heavens above
That night has lost the battle.
The fog sits pleasantly over
And the trees ...