Anthony Dawson Poems
- Shanty Town Your shanty sits on a hill, above filth below...
- Noises In The Night Noises in the night under dark cloud ...
- Factory Work I can't yet hear the grind of the factory I ...
- The Quarry The quarry A dangerous place Scab on the ...
- Remnants Your face retains the remnants of yesterday Your ...
- Scantily Clad Women Scanitly clad women roam the floors of ...
- Rain Dance Clouds are my moving treasure, free, abundant, ...
Factory worker. Just completed Bachelor of arts degree majoring in English and History with a minor in Sociology.
Next year will study Graduate Diploma in Humanities. Married with two small children. Trade Union Delegate. Thinker. Know well the plight of low paid workers. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Your shanty sits on a hill,
above filth below will.
Shanty of tin and nail,
Corrugated heat traps,
social gaps no halfway scale,
zero then one hundred.
Big bellied little children,
forever interned in the poorest herd.
Your shanty is fact,
not to the many turned backs which look out of the skyscrapers.