Anthony Fortunato Poems
- Maybe Not Now Maybe Never having never done what I ...
- Worst Poem Ever I don't know if I can jot stuff down Make ...
- Missing People Some people go missing they aren't really ...
- Dust Outside Sleak sewers and ditches drain the water out ...
- Be Quiet! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh! ! ! ! ! ...
- Morning Morning Where thought is much more heavy and ...
- Thought A string of thoughts made of gossamer threads ...
always been somewhat of an underachieving dreamer more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Anthony Fortunato
Maybe Not Now Maybe Never
having never done what I should
doing things the hard way
only to find I come up short.
settling for less
expecting less and less
learning to take it
like a bad back
learning to take the pain
learning you can't do that anymore
instead of the brain
the heart is softly, slowly beaten flat
will becomes powder
easily blown out by the slightest wind
dampened fully by one tear
and you say 'I should have followed my dreams'
and I say your dreams are just that
hollow trunks to keep your hope in
illusions to be sought after