Aziz Ahmad 'Aziz Moradabadi'
Aziz Ahmad 'Aziz Moradabadi' Poems
- Elegy On Jigar Moradabadi ELEGY ON JIGAR MORADABADI ...
- Three Murderers To death were sentenced three murderers; ...
- In A Good Mood Two lovely pairs, The wayfarers, On a ...
- Knocked And Ran He, on a road, was standing Ignorant of the ...
- In Praise Of God You are the God of all beings; You are the...
- The Devil's Weeping The Devil was weeping sitting Like a man...
- A Call For Unity Neither are we Muslims nor Hindus; We are ...
Name: Aziz Ahmad
Pen name: ‘Aziz Moradabadi’
Father’s name: Qazi Jamil Ahmad Sahib, (Late)
Date of Birth: 3rd March,1934
Place of Birth: Moradabad (U.P) , India:
Qualification: M. A (English) B.Ed
Profession: Service (Retired Lecturer, M.Q. I. College, Seohara, Bijnor)
Years of Haj Pilgrimage: 1975 and 2000
Name of Spiritual Teacher: (Late) Maulana Asrarul Haq Khan Sahib
Guide of Urdu Poetry: Hazrat Samar Moradabadi
Names of Ancestral famous
1) Hazrat Ali Sikandar (Jigar Moradabadi (Late)
2) Qazi Abdul Gaffar Sahib (Late)
Source of Spiritual gains ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Aziz Ahmad 'Aziz Moradabadi'
Elegy On Jigar Moradabadi
ELEGY ON JIGAR MORADABADI
Mr. Aziz Ahmad has written an Elegy on the Poet Haji Ali Sikander, commonly known as Jigar Moradabadi. The poem is in 48 stanzas of Eight lines each followed by 48 paragraphs of notes, one for each stanza. They explain the real mood of the stanzas. This is perhaps the first time that an Elegy in English on an Urdu Poet has been attempted. Elegiac poems in Urdu are common. The marsais of Anis and Dabir are long elegiac poems of unsurpassed beauty. An Elegy is literally a song or poem of mourning. The English examples are Lycidas, Adonais ...