Bobbie Othigo Poems
- The Butterbird Affair A stranger’s smile never was ...
- Ode To A Rose Often I see on you Drops of the silver dew, ...
- Lady Hazel And Her Vergil Vergil Oh miss Hazel, my Lady ...
- A Woman To Me Living for this short time, I know I won't ...
- Of Child-Like Fancies Woe unto those that too old grow, ...
- My Darling Poesy Words, They assemble And make these ...
- Thief Of Thoughts Thief of thoughts, Thief of sorts, ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Butterbird Affair
A stranger’s smile never was sweeter
Or timely as yours was,
I had to smile back,
Every force beyond
And beneath the joyous heavens
Pushed me to this friendship,
After a day you had become
That friend I’d known
All my life,
You said unto me,
Be ye my gentle fiery butterfly,
And I your forever faithful bird,
The adventure had been born.
We flew together to far away skies,
We danced to the songs,
Of rain and of thunder,
Twirled, swirled, and waltzed,
We laughed long and loud,
You were the only world
That I desired,