Brian Bailey Poems
- A Tribute To A Letter Carrier He was a gentleman's ...
- A Thing Of Beauty The landscape is steeped in beauty, with ...
- Smiles I love smiles for lots of reasons. Some smiles are ...
- Neil There is a young man named Neil who recently had surgery...
- A Journey Of The Heart, Mind A... On September 11/01, the...
- A Salute To A Legend Kindness, caring, passion, generosity, ...
- She's A Fighter She’s a fighter! ! She never gives up! ! ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Brian Bailey
A Tribute To A Letter Carrier
He was a gentleman's gentleman
About this, there can be no doubt,
With a heart of gold to boot
That beat to a rythm of kindness and love.
Granted, he sometimes growled like a lion,
But that was all just for show,
As from deep within exuded goodness and joy,
Which defined his true character therein.
He was a letter carrier extraordinaire
Making his daily rounds about town,
Answering questions and queries about mail
With caring, concern and humour as well.
A million stories he could tell
About things that happened here and there,