C. Cory Spencer
C. Cory Spencer Poems
- Light's Eyes Dim The man, aged beyond years gently pats his ...
- Once Upon A Stolen Love As Once upon a Stolen Love we are
- Paper's Possibilities A clean sheet of paper, or a dirty ...
- Tell Me, Please have you ever seen an image, on tv, or in a...
- I Saw Me I once saw the man I would be, then I lost him in ...
- The Guy Said They who are They of the mysterious, ubiquitous,...
- This Is It This is it, not then, not later, now! Do not ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about C. Cory Spencer
Light's Eyes Dim
The man, aged beyond years
gently pats his son's hand.
Feels burning heat of fevers.
Flush skin sweating streams just
yesterday's stage, today's touch too,
too Hot, dry no sweat, lips cracked.
Tomorrow's final symptom lukewarm
to cooling, cool, cold... tic, ticking.
'Daddy, daddy...' fingers barely grasping.
A father's eyes well toward response,
'Just hang on my young one, '
he whispers to his only living son,
'the Americans are coming'
'Yes daddy, then I'll be better, right? '
tearful father's rough throated response,
'Yes my son, when the ...