Carlos Drummond de Andrade
Carlos Drummond de Andrade Poems
- Don'T Kill Yourself Carlos, keep calm, love is what you're ...
- Souvenir Of The Ancient World Clara strolled in the garden ...
- Time Who had the idea of slicing time into pieces, which ...
- José What now, José? The party’s over, the lights are ...
- Quadrilha -- With English Tr... João loved Teresa who...
- Apparition Of Love Sweet ghost, why do you visit me as in ...
- In The Middle Of The Road In the middle of the road there was...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Carlos Drummond de Andrade
Don'T Kill Yourself
Carlos, keep calm, love
is what you're seeing now;
today a kiss, tomorrow no kiss,
day after day tomorrow's Sunday
and nobody knows what will happen
It's useless to resist
or to commit suicide.
Don't kill yourself. Don't kill yourself!
Keep all of yourself for the nuptials
coming nobody knows when,
that is, if they ever come.
Love, Carlos, tellurian,
spent the night with you,
and now your insides are raising
an ineffable racket,
saints crossing themselves,
ads for better soap,
a racket of which ...