Carrie Everett Poems
- Do You Love Me? Do you love me? I was asked that today. ...
- Slip Away What do you do when your life is slipping away? ...
- When Your Eyes Say It I love to hear you say that you love ...
- It's Wrong To Hate Someone It's wrong to hate someone. I ...
- Tribulations Of The Heart What can you do when your heart's ...
- Heart Of Stone We were so in love that night. I watched, you...
- To Get By Sometimes I laugh Sometimes I cry But it's not ...
I have been through more than anyone could imagine, and yet i still try to be strong. If it was up to me, the people that hurt me so bad those times would be castrated, but they never will get more than fines and baby probahtion. There is no real justice in this world. That has been proven to me ten times over. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Do You Love Me?
Do you love me?
I was asked that today.
Love is a strong word.
yet it is used so freely.
It is a word of little means to most.
Thrown aside and used for
when you want something.
Few really appreciate it's meaning.
Even I failed to see it's importance.
that is until I met you.
When you took me into
your arms and held me tight,
I then knew.
I felt that God put breath in me
to live out that moment.
Nothing else existed.
All there was in the world was me and you.
So, today, tomorrow, next week,
next year and forever and a day...