Charles Beaty Poems
- Buttons In A Jar From tiny threads we grew into the women we ...
- Over The Rainbow Somewhere over the rainbow further than the...
- A Humbling Moment I sat upon a lonely bench letting the night...
- When Love's Right We wait and wait for the right person to ...
- Crossing Oceans Aspirations are dreams which are still in the...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Charles Beaty
Buttons In A Jar
From tiny threads we grew into the women we now are
different but the same coloured buttons in a jar
woven from a needle in tiny lines of silk
from a seamstress and a tailor sewing buttercups and milk
each of us at different times all cut from the same cloth
fashioned into beauty whilst protected from the moth
early days of guiding love were stitched into each heart
will bond us with a velvet touch even when we have to part
days are so much brighter when we're in each others clothes
a closeness of our genes cross stitching lines of prose
if a button comes off we...