Chase Twichell Poems
- To The Reader: Twilight Whenever I look out at the ...
- Hunger For Something Sometimes I long to be in the ...
- Erotic Energy Don't tell me we're not like plants, sending ...
- Stirred Up By Rain I fired up the mower although it was ...
- Joyride Two aides get Dad in the car on the second try. He ...
- Dangerous Playgrounds The father is teaching his eight-year ...
- A Negative Of Snow Ice on the puddles, in the cups of fallen...
Chase Twichell (born August 20, 1950) is an American poet, professor, and publisher, the founder in 1999, of Ausable Press. Her most recent poetry collection is Horses Where the Answers Should Have Been, which earned her Claremont Graduate University's prestigious $100,000 Kingsley Tufts Poetry Award. (Copper Canyon Press, 2010).She is the winner of several awards in writing from the New Jersey ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
To The Reader: Twilight
Whenever I look
out at the snowy
mountains at this hour
and speak directly
into the ear of the sky,
it's you I'm thinking of.
You're like the spirits
the children invent
to inhabit the stuffed horse
and the doll.
I don't know who hears me.
I don't know who speaks
when the horse speaks.