Cherret Leakey Poems
- What Is Fathering? Whenever i looked at my father, You know...
- Write Down. Hey, You dream of something? Wow that is ...
- Dear Little Secret My dear little secret Keep sleeping For ...
- Growth Of A Poet Simple words, like mum and dad, Are fed ...
- A Poet's Prayer
- Spite Single simple word from my mouth Pinches your hateful ...
- Texting My texting* Lost meaning Since text ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
What Is Fathering?
Whenever i looked at my father,
You know what i saw?
I saw a dad.
I insist i saw-
I wasn't told, you know-
He was a father in a man.
Further into being a father,
He was a dad.
In the outer world,
A man, he was.
But in my world
A dad, a father and a man;
A true one.
At least in my childhood eyes.