Christopher Thor Britt
Christopher Thor Britt Poems
- Thought And Memory (Huginn And... O’er the waters of ...
- In Your Eyes (From The Feminin...
- Above The Blue Twilight Chance the night, oh fragrant ...
- Unfettered Tears shred this helpless soul inside Held back ...
- Fair Memory I see you fair in memory’s sweet abode ‘tis ...
- Dreams Unseen The waking world leaves me ne’r content My ...
- Lovers' Tryst The silent night sleeps as two hearts run in ...
Born in Jackson, Michigan in 1971, Christopher Thor Britt was the youngest child of Russell and Lynda Britt. After serving in the US Air Force for many years, he now lives with his wife, having enjoyed over 20 years of marriage, and his 10 year old son in South Florida, USA.
Chris studied poetry under Professor Michael Joyce at Jackson College, Michigan. Greatly influenced by 19th Century Romantic writers such as, Thoreau, Emerson, Longfellow, Lord Tennyson and Henley, he writes in the 'language of poetry' often without regard for the modern verbiage of his contemporaries.
His writing style is sometimes cryptic, sometime straight forward, but always ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Christopher Thor Britt
Thought And Memory (Huginn And Muninn)
O’er the waters of time
My attention is quickly drawn
As Thought soars the heavens with
Memory at its side
By thorn and thicket we have passed
At times we struggle through
As that around us tears and shreds
Yet time we abide
Travel we birds of like feather
Black as night, strong as day
A reflection, one to another
Two arrows taking flight
We chance upon the wind
Unyielding as the grave
Our ballad, sight and sorrow
Two ravens in the night