Colm Flanagan Poems
- I Want To Be Billy Collins And live in the mornings While ...
- Your Love If your love was the rainfall I’d fling my ...
- Jfk To Mm O Marilyn Marilyn Be my movie star My honey ...
- Hail O Humble Hush Puppy Thou truly art a prince amongst ...
- Jack And Aggie In the kitchen he does not see his wife ...
- Girardiere Is it the wind on your limbs like warm laundered ...
- Unpop Culture I’ll tell ya wadda want Wadda really really ...
Comments about Colm Flanagan
I Want To Be Billy Collins
And live in the mornings
While the seasons project themselves
On to the panes of Billy’s windows.
I want to walk downstairs
for fresh coffee,
drink from heavy clinky cups
and smoke sweet cigarettes
before and after breakfast.
I want to dance across wooden floors
While LPs slowly spin and play
‘Nights in the Gardens of Spain’.
I’d write perfect poems
as my wife
I’d fix lunch,
Invite friends who have other friends
Who write poems.
And I’d need them no more
Than they’d need ...