Daniel McDonagh Poems
- Wearing Of The Green My father wore the colour of green Deep...
- The Irishman From a green, beautiful troubled land, Arrived...
- An Irish Son Oh father, can you hear The voice of the Celtic...
- An Irish Colleen Was Dressed I... It was on Kerrydale ...
- Mother's Rain I feast my eyes on hardened rain, cleanse ...
- From County Cork To Kerrydale ... Sean McBride and his ...
- Parkhead Pilgrimage We have supported the Celtic, our pride ...
Originally from Glasgow, Scotland, Daniel has been living in Canada for 26 years. His greatest passion, Celtic Football Club.
He has been writing since he was 15 years old. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Daniel McDonagh
Wearing Of The Green
My father wore the colour of green
Deep within his heart,
Were he grew up in the Garngad
And walked the miles to Celtic Park.
His working class background
In Glasgow’s little Ireland
Was football, faith and believe in God
And to be raised a Celtic fan.
Songs of the Glasgow Celtic
My father would proudly sing
When walking up our tenement close
After he had a wee drink.
Then in the year of 1965
When Celtic brought home Jock Stein,
My father wrapped his first-born child
In the colours of emerald green.