David Archer Poems
- Cold Tea And Sympathy As the television played to an empty ...
- You Have Two Ears For A Reason We say the most with ...
- White Star Akin a cageless mockingbird after she bathes she ...
- Dark Skies The moon jealous of your smile clouds the stars ...
- The Once Window The once window stares back, a solemn ...
- Gillian's Winter Every time you see a tree remember his ...
- My Madness, My Misstress Once more I pause paralysed on the ...
My name is David Archer and I have too many words in my head that keep me awake at night.
I am 43, male, divorced, have two children and one imaginary cat called “Alan”.
I live alone in Barnsley, South Yorkshire, England.
Barnsley is not on Google Maps.
I hate and love Barnsley at the same time.
I like looking at trees.
I like looking at electricity pylons.
I ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about David Archer
Cold Tea And Sympathy
As the television played to an empty room
we fell apart in the kitchen;
cups of untouched,
brewed in my mouth
but I said nothing.
You said nothing but swallowed hard
and that was the last time
we spoke about love.