David Burton Richardson
David Burton Richardson Poems
- The Long Dark Sleep Deep down in Deaths dark depths of sodden...
- The Evening Sun Words gushing, thrushing Thrusting and ...
- The Long, Long Night Dark night and deepest thought And ...
- The Valley The Valley high, the Valley low Of loathesome ...
- Death Has No Master Death has no master, but master it will ...
- In Darkest Dreams In darkest dreams we see Those damdest ...
- Black Is The Colour Black is the colour of Soot like ...
David Burton-Richardson is an internationally recognised Painter and Sculptor, with works in Public and private collections worldwide. Having suffered from self doubt and depression since childhood, Burton-Richardson's work is often about the dark side of life. His Poetry has always featured as an integral part of his life and, like the paintings, suggest the ephemeral and fleeting aspects of ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about David Burton Richardson
The Long Dark Sleep
Deep down in Deaths dark depths of sodden soil
Of Bodies decay that speak no more
Words that talk upon the Stone
And echo loud upon the Wall
Dark deep depths of silence Black
And dank dark memory of Ashen case
And silence Black so deathly Black
And Soot like Soil that clings like Plague
And within the Earth our Souls must whisper
Of long past voice and bitter haste
And we must go to that sleep so pure
That long dark sleep of Blackest slumber
And time will end and we must go
And Nature takes a final bow
That lurid Green of sickly glow
Then loving ...