Day Williams Poems
- To Praise The Lord To praise the Lord is good. For praise is...
- Heaven And Earth (Genesis 1: 1) Heaven and earth God ...
- Jesus Speaks To Demon-Possesse...
- Sestina: Blood Covenants To make a wife for Adam, God spilled...
- Try As You Might Try as You Might Try as you might each ...
- Whisper Whisper across the centuries To men with noble ...
- This Is The Face This is the Face Was this the face that ...
I began poetry as a teenager in love and wrote lots of stuff that I hope nobody ever sees. I've stuck with it and developed my craft through the years. I studied Shakespeare in England, which was inspirational, and took a course on Milton's Paradise Lost, which inspired me, too.
I practice law, which is gratifying in its own way, but I like to keep up with poetry because it can bring insight... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''Poetry matches the guts and sinews of language to emotions that are inarticulable in other art forms.''Day Williams
''Time gnaws at your heart and bones, and you must fight back with truth, justice, and beauty.''Day Williams
''Dive into the Holy Spirit's well, for His treasure is endless.''Day Williams
Comments about Day Williams
To Praise The Lord
To praise the Lord is good.
For praise is communion with God.
For praise heals the heart and soul.
For praise is right, for the Lamb of God is worthy of it.
For praise delights the Lord.
For praise is angels' music.
For praise is the fragrance of roses in a summer garden.
For praise is giving to the Giver of life.
For praise is creative.
For praise gladdens the heart.
For praise is making a joyful noise unto the Lord.
For praise is the sun between the clouds.
For praise is an army of righteousness.
For praise frightens the devil, the adversary, a roaring ...