Deb StevensHines Poems
- 'Alone He Weeps' Late into the night I can hear the tears I...
- 'Fairyfantasia' Her fairy dust casts glitter She sparkles ...
- Awake Oh Mind My oh my these walls are shaking And yes ...
- 'A Cuspian' Swinging like the pendulum Back and forth I ...
- As Simple As 1 2 3 Still struggle with fancy words or ...
- Men In Suits The two men wore no expression They both came ...
Growing up as a child of the 'sixties', life was good, but something was brewing elsewhere..Watching as a father came back from a war but had already long left his family at home, a young mother raised her two girls. One of them loved to write, especially poetry! Awards encourgaed the girl to continue into later years, but not until the sad passing of her mother did she decide to become a published author, each book dedicated to her mother's memory. Today, the same girl uses her 'army of words' to raise crucial awareness to the cancer which took her mother from her life. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Deb StevensHines
As Simple As 1 2 3
Still struggle with fancy words or jargon
likely due to leaving school so young
caught up with a strange collection of faces
Tagging along to all the wrong places
Laughter quickly turning to tears
Any hope over shadowed by darkest fears
Mistaken indetity and musunderstood
There's so much to learn about being 'good'
Drinks and lies
the devil's eyes
Deceipt and blame
always calling my name
Avoiding the crowd
that spoke too loud
Find work with a job
Dont hang with a mob
Never ignore the words of a mother
She has a gift to teach you like no ...