Drew Engman Poems
- Vicki Did you think that you had lost Everyone you called a ...
- Right Here I didn't give up on miracles When I stopped ...
- Seventeen Years From the back of her throat She sings a note...
- Eleventh Hour I'll always miss those magic moments Stolen in...
- Dream Dream Twilight Priestess Aurora Princess
- Headaches! It wasn’t quite freezing and it wasn’t quite ...
- Spring The flower is on the heather and The bloom is on the ...
I've been writing poems, songs, and short prose since about 1969, when I was ten. That is also when I started playing guitar, harmonica, saxophone, autoharp, recorders, and a few other instruments. I plan on being an avid musician and 'word man' until I die at or lose my mind, whichever comes first!
My teacher resume follows:
Drew A.G. Engman ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Drew Engman
Did you think that you had lost
Everyone you called a friend?
Was it so hard to leave behind
When they all let it end
Don’t forsake your soul for solace
Or think you have one choice only
In the dark you can’t see us all surround you
But I can hear you, and I know you’re lonely
Now it’s time to realize – you are not a child
The woman that I see in you
Has just struggled from behind
What a wonder to watch you try
To free the fear and anger
From your mind