Drew Engman Poems
- Creature Of Habit I used to think of myself as forsaken, ...
- Courageous A tickle on the toes, and a kick'll in the butt, ...
- Vicki Did you think that you had lost Everyone you called a ...
- Right Here I didn't give up on miracles When I stopped ...
- Seventeen Years From the back of her throat She sings a note...
- Eleventh Hour I'll always miss those magic moments Stolen in...
- Dream Dream Twilight Priestess Aurora Princess
I've been writing poems, songs, and short prose since about 1969, when I was ten. That is also when I started playing guitar, harmonica, saxophone, autoharp, recorders, and a few other instruments. I plan on being an avid musician and 'word man' until I die at or lose my mind, whichever comes first!
My teacher resume follows:
Drew A.G. Engman ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Drew Engman
Creature Of Habit
I used to think of myself as forsaken,
Then Jesus called me His own.
My every decision seemed doomed or mistaken,
Trying out my wings alone.
Then He came and I changed some, for better or worse,
But my flesh never gave up the fight.
I make a sow's ear out of every silk purse,
As I look to the wrong from the right.
I hear the beginning of wisdom is fear
Of The Lord and His mighty conviction.
I mostly feel angry, or my eyes fill with tears,
At my life's unresolved contradictions.
When I see His face, will I fall in disgrace,
Or throw my...