Eche Ononukwe Poems
- From The Dark Aged Continent A people comes hurrily from ...
- Just For Our Rights We shall strive for the freedom of man, ...
- Colonial Mentality We always say our land is desecrat’d; ...
- Here Comes The New Paradise! 1. To your shame, Big ...
- A Witness To The Forgott'N In one silv’ry night, when the...
- Africa, My Ancient Home! I met my lov’r on the day I was ...
- I See A Star (For Joy Eyisi) I see a star above the sky,
LIFE AND BIRTH
Popularly known as Magikpluz (simply Magik) , Eche Ononukwe was born at Bariga, Lagos to the family of Ononukwe. He is a native of Umuezukwe of Awo-Omamma in Oru East Local Government Area of Imo state (Nigeria) . His father., Boniface, died in 2005, when he (Eche) was about to gain admission to the Bayelsa Science and Arts as a polytechnic student.
... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
From The Dark Aged Continent
A people comes hurrily
from the dark aged continent,
emerging as the world super-power
in no distant time.
A people once a colony
of one European species;
a people once oppress’d,
and culture down-turn’d by the bleach’d culture.
Here comes the people of tough black skin,
conquering peoples upon peoples
to rule the whole world with
their own refin’d science and arts:
a people of one soul, one way, one mind.