Eche Ononukwe Poems
- A Witness To The Forgott'N In one silv’ry night, when the...
- I'M Crazy For You (Joy Eyisi) My love for you is young and ...
- From The Dark Aged Continent A people comes hurrily from ...
- Just For Our Rights We shall strive for the freedom of man, ...
- Colonial Mentality We always say our land is desecrat’d; ...
- Here Comes The New Paradise! 1. To your shame, Big ...
- Africa, My Ancient Home! I met my lov’r on the day I was ...
LIFE AND BIRTH
Popularly known as Magikpluz (simply Magik) , Eche Ononukwe was born at Bariga, Lagos to the family of Ononukwe. He is a native of Umuezukwe of Awo-Omamma in Oru East Local Government Area of Imo state (Nigeria) . His father., Boniface, died in 2005, when he (Eche) was about to gain admission to the Bayelsa Science and Arts as a polytechnic student.
... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Witness To The Forgott'N
In one silv’ry night,
when the eyes of the moon peep’d thro’ the sky
while the sun had her eyes long shut,
ev’rywhere turn’d night and silent.
Save the owls who cried to awake the silence,
rodents pacing to and fro searching for fodder,
and the toads croaking to arise the dead.
There, where all men lie low still,
his image plac’d on his grave, smiling;
smile that seems to ask me:
Why have you have forgott’n me so soon,
me that won a medal for my mum and dad?
But before I left, I ...