Eddie Henderson Poems
- The Golden Rule Inspired by Shel Silverstein The golden ...
- Spring Cleaning It’s spring time The sky is playfully blue ...
- Where's Waldo? Dedicated to the Family of Ryan Moats (Google ...
- I Wanna Hold You For My Mother The doctors told you I had ...
- My Blanket The way Jesus’ birth was synonymous with a ...
- Fishing Trip I went on a fishing trip today Accompanied only...
- An Agreement We had an agreement… Our warriors would ...
Where do I begin? Welcome to the world of Headliner...The opening act. I write to tell stories that connect us to each other. In my opinion, there is no better time to hear some poetry.
What will you find when you read my work? The three H's. Humor, History, and Humility. Humor because a smile is universal, History because you can't know where you're going unless you know where you've been and finally Humility. I look forward to sharing my work and getting feedback. Hit me up anytime! more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Eddie Henderson
The Golden Rule
Inspired by Shel Silverstein
The golden rule says
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
But Lee was a scientist and set out to test this rule
He tripped an old man on the side walk
Stole candy from a baby
Sang off key in choir rehersal, driving his director crazy
Ranout on his lunch tab
Pulled the tail on a pupy
Even gave a homeless man a check
Signed, but for no money
Lee came back home ready to be punished for his sins
But nothing happened.
Lee had been forgiven
The whole time Lee was acting like a fool
Everyone he’d ...