Elinor Auerbach Poems
- Separation He turns his head to face her Eyes glimmering in ...
- Stillness Deep in the depths of a lotus Lies a ...
- Trapped Locked in chains of silence So heavy hard and ...
- A Step I place down my foot And watch As the grains of sand...
- The Wisdom Of A Child I heard a sound behind me The softness...
- A Moment In Time She is poised… Ready for flight Her head ...
- Tears Tears are strange things. Pearls of salty ...
I am 17 and living with my parents on a small farm in South Africa just outside of Durban, KZN. I have always had an interest in the written word and have loved to write poems since I was very young. I attend the local Steiner/Waldorf school in KZN (Roseway Waldorf School) and will be finishing December of next year (2008) . From there I am hoping to study the performing arts and literature at ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Elinor Auerbach
He turns his head to face her
Eyes glimmering in the golden glow of late afternoon
His hand, so carefully sculpted,
To form the delicate veins that curve
Like rivulets towards his knuckles
Is slowly swept toward her face
Gently caressing the soft blush
Of her cheek.
He smiles then
His lips momentarily cracking
From their stiff misery;
The corners of his mouth curling up
Soft dents appearing
Forming dimples on his cheeks
She turns from him
Fierce tears burning
Fighting for liberation
Against their eyelash cage.
His lips part