elizabeth wesley Poems
- A New Year I heard the chimes at twelve o'clock Ring in a ...
- Autumn Memories Spring chased old man winter from his ...
- Evening Dew When twilight's spectral fingers fold Sweet ...
- Gypsy Dance Climb up the hill where gypsies hide, And ...
- Camelot Camelot . ...
- Need For Love A light shone through my door Liquid from the ...
- Light Meets Day Each gleaming light shines like a ...
Sometimes time can mean nothing. It happens when you don't have it, when you don't remember when you did and don't know if you will ever have it again.
This has to do with my memory that vanished; it happened suddenly in the space of an hour and for five years I was lost, not knowing who I was or where I belonged.
I was placed in an institution and heard stories of who I had... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about elizabeth wesley
A New Year
I heard the chimes at twelve o'clock
Ring in a brand new year;
And beyond the noise of all the news
I listened hard to hear
A chorus of lamentation
Ringing loud and singing clear
From many angels winging
Through the vault of heaven.
They sang of shame and sorrow
Of suffering and sin;
They sang of hope for tomorrow
That peace be found and guided in.
I knew of all the many trials
That former years had cost;
And all the dreams and pleasures
That were wasted and lost.
With awe I heard the music
That came to me there;
The voices all came...