Erica Brett Poems
- Ode To My Copper Coins O piggy bank of precious gifts, What...
- The Doomed Man: Sympathy For A...
- You Foolish Folk I once thought to pity the proud. Poor ...
- The Day's Departure A breeze sweeps through the rustling ...
- The Island And The Ship Sometimes, I find myself standing in ...
- Reality? Look around you, can you see the strangeness ...
- O Add Me To The Link Strike metal, Hammer, Forge tink tink ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Erica Brett
Ode To My Copper Coins
O piggy bank of precious gifts,
What priceless pennies do you hold?
My love suppressed within my heart
Against a world of lonely strangers.
They yearn for warmth but hide their heads,
And hurry past my open arms.
Their shoulders bowed under heavy winds,
They close their eyes against the light
Of my candle guiding them home.
And each Embrace who is turned away
Is acid copper on my tongue.
I spit it in my piggy bank
To hide in shame in iron flanks –
My shame of love rejected.
But the Beast – He hungers with ...