Erica Burke Poems
- Ode To My Pillow Dearest pillow that is in my bed, Why do ...
- Peanut Butter Cups Oh peanut butter cup, Why do you do this...
- What Do I Want? ? I want you to... Hold me when I'm ...
- Needless It's not as if I spend my day just sitting by the ...
- Smiles Smiles make the earth go round, They make it move a ...
- Pantoum For Mother My mother, always a gentle woman, As far...
- Single Person Awkward silence, Evil glare, He belongs ...
I am an up and coming childrens book author who loves poetry. Some people say that I remind them of a perky first grade teacher, and I like that. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Erica Burke
Ode To My Pillow
Dearest pillow that is in my bed,
Why do we seldom meet?
For on you tonight I will rest my head,
And I’ll hope that it’ll be sweet.
Your softness is what draws me in,
Again, and yet once again.
Like a giant bunny tail,
My love for you is sin.
Then, and only then,
Into dreams can I smoothly sail.
In my mind all these were shoved.
I will please you to say,
That I will return,
After this long day.
But remain as a fern,