Esther Thornburg Poems
- City Lights Bewond the city lights The stars shine ...
- Blessings From Difficulty Not feeling well is cause to seek ...
- To Make A Tree It took God to make a tree. Study its lessons...
- Weigh It All Many times destiny seems to call Was it all ...
- The Vine Grandma's vine is still growing fine ...
- Missing Why miss out on: The dawning of the day? The ...
- An Authors Day The author opens the notebook to an empty ...
Retired, enjoying country living, writing, poetry, music, and scripture searches. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Esther Thornburg
Bewond the city lights
The stars shine bright.
Not dimmed by lights below
Unseen be those beneath the glow
Who are busy running to and fro.
When might they begin to learn?
Out on Observation Hill it shows
Bright stars, through the ages, shinning still,
Not of man's making but God's will
Shinning on until time is fulfilled.
A message they brought to those of old,
Of the virgin, and the child to hold,
Of the surpent, of the shepherd, for the fold,
Of the cross, and of slavation, foretold.
Beyond the realm of stars is more.