Eunice de Souza
Eunice de Souza Poems
- Advice To Women Keep cats if you want to learn to cope ...
- Bequest In every Catholic home there's a picture of Christ ...
- Don'T Look For My Life In Thes... Poems have order, ...
- Marriages Are Made My cousin Elena is to be married The ...
- CONVERSATION PIECE My Portuguese-bred colleague picked up a ...
- IT'S TIME TO FIND A PLACE It's time to find a place to be ...
- REPRIEVE This poem is for you. It's a reprieve. It ...
Eunice de Souza is a contemporary Indian English language poet, literary critic and novelist. Among her notable books of poetry is Women in Dutch painting (1988).
Early Life and Education
Eunice de Souza was born and grew up in Pune, in a Goan Catholic family. She studied English literature with an MA from the Marquette University in Wisconsin, and a PhD from the University of Mumbai. She taught English at St. Xavier's College, Mumbai, and was Head of the Department until her recent retirement. She was involved in the well known literary festival Ithaka organized at the college.
She has also been involved in theater, both as actress and director. She began ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Advice To Women
if you want to learn to cope with
the otherness of lovers.
Otherness is not always neglect -
Cats return to their litter trays
when they need to.
Don't cuss out of the window
at their enemies.
That stare of perpetual surprise
in those great green eyes
will teach you
to die alone.