Famida Basheer Poems
- Aatmaa aatmaa he said your soul it must awaken it sleeps ...
- Dark Whispers </>So that is how it is! Its not as if ...
- Birth Cry I taste the limpid moonlit night; the wandering ...
- The Wasting Ways Of War They all weep. War poems, ...
- Sister! Sister! My goldfish died She lay there floating in ...
- Dusk I watch the bleating evening clouds Explain themselves ...
- Walk In The Woods-1 Once more along a bracken wood ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
aatmaa he said
it must awaken
it sleeps the sleep of the untried
I unhitch my sari
lift its end over
to cover my head
there must be some truth
in what he says
he is the guru
I the creature
I bow low in reverence
that only my humility
is the answer
to a question I never asked...