Frances Macaulay Forde
Frances Macaulay Forde Poems
- A Found Memory Fossil: Dry. Smooth? Not smooth - rough. ...
- Cinquain - No 1 - Trust I have taken your words folded both...
- An Aussie Chrissie... Because it's Christmas in Australia, ...
- Beach Babe Rippled by rolling heart-waves, inexorably ...
- Desertification before cultivation the water flowed ...
- High Court Question How can money recompense all those ...
- Cinquain - No 6 - Unloved She lay prostrate. Waiting. ...
So... my writing in a nutshell.
I was involved in film in the early 80's then divorce meant putting aside my aspirations although I continued to be involved in the writing world.
I switched to novels & writing for children ~ was even awarded for my efforts... Theatre and community involvement consumed me for twenty years. There was
always poetry... Then came university at 50!
Now I'm in love and married to the man I could have married thirty years ago and my circumstances have changed... I am happily writing full time ~ mostly
screenplays, poetry and short stories at the moment... I'm very lucky and finally living my dream! ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Frances Macaulay Forde
A Found Memory
Fossil: Dry. Smooth? Not smooth - rough.
Light! Weighs nothing. I move my finger
to slip over the top end and find smooth.
A clean cut. A harsh chopping off.
A crack has appeared. It's old,
dirt-encrusted, making the fissure
stand out from the beige of light
and dark mottled skin.
This portion of dead branch has been displaced,
into my warm, clutching hand.
It is bowed, perhaps with the weight
of brilliant blossom in fertile times.
But with age and exile,
the object bears no hint of past profusion.
No scar of leaf or flower....