Frank Bidart Poems
- To The Dead What I hope (when I hope) is that we'll see each...
- California Plush The only thing I miss about Los ...
- Love Incarnate (Dante, Vita Nuova) To all those driven ...
- Guilty Of Dust up or down from the infinite C E N T E R B R ...
- Self-Portrait, 1969 He's still young--; thirty, but looks ...
- Dark Night In a dark night, when the light burning was ...
- Overheard Through The Walls Of...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
To The Dead
What I hope (when I hope) is that we'll
see each other again,--
. . . and again reach the VEIN
in which we loved each other . .
It existed. It existed.
There is a NIGHT within the NIGHT,--
. . . for, like the detectives (the Ritz Brothers)
in The Gorilla,
once we'd been battered by the gorilla
we searched the walls, the intricately carved
for a button, lever, latch
that unlocks a secret door that
reveals at last the secret chambers,
CORRIDORS within WALLS,
(the disenthralling, necessary, ...