Frank Wright Poems
- Immortality? Immortality? A star is beautiful and ...
- The Burning Belt The Burning Belt ...
- Sad Song Sad song There's a diesel-train ...
- Stress Stress In the still of the night One turns into a ...
- I Wanted To Be A Rock Star Dud... I Wanted To Be A Hard Rock ...
- Artwork Of Conflict At Lonmin ... To live is to ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Frank Wright
I Wanted To Be A Rock Star Dude
I Wanted To Be A Hard Rock Dude
From beyond the vacant spot
of burnt umber shadows,
the old man through yellow ochre and metal teeth
calls me to his nowhere cardboard castle
in a nowhere street in a somewhere joint.
He turns into an owl with bright yellow eyes,
the little beak tears through the flesh of forbidden words:
at my age it is a sin to be lost in reveries,
and at the age of seventy seven,
Dreams are bad for your health, wealth and happiness.
Go sit there in an indigo drop
and watch your flesh seep through your structure,
dripping down into...