Frederic Lawrence Knowles
Frederic Lawrence Knowles Poems
- To Mother Nature Nature, in thy largess, grant I may be thy ...
- Nature: The Artist SUCH hints as untaught Nature yields! The...
- A Song Of Desire Thou dreamer with the million moods, Of ...
- A Pasture ROUGH pasture where the blackberries grow!— It ...
- On A Fly-Leaf Of Burns' Songs These are the best of him, ...
- Love Triumphant Helen's lips are drifting dust; Ilion is ...
Born at Lawrence, Massachusetts, September 8, 1869, and graduated at Wesleyan University in 1894 and Harvard University in 1896. He was connected for a short time with the editorial department of Houghton Mifflin Company and with the staff of L. C. Page and Company as literary adviser. In 1900 he accepted a similar position with Dana Estes and Company where he remained until his death in ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Frederic Lawrence Knowles
On A Fly-Leaf Of Burns' Songs
These are the best of him,
Pathos and jest of him;
Earth holds the rest of him.
Passions were strong in him, --
Pardon the wrong in him;
Hark to the song in him! --
Each little lyrical
Grave or satirical