Gary Snyder Poems
- December At Yase You said, that October, In the tall dry ...
- Four Poems For Robin Siwashing It Out Once in Suislaw ...
- Hay For The Horses He had driven half the night From far ...
- For Lew Welch In A Snowfall Snowfall in March: I sit in the ...
- There Are Those Who Love To Ge... There are those who ...
- Riprap Lay down these words Before your mind like rocks. ...
- For/From Lew Lew Welch just turned up one day, live as you ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
December At Yase
You said, that October,
In the tall dry grass by the orchard
When you chose to be free,
"Again someday, maybe ten years."
After college I saw you
One time. You were strange,
And I was obsessed with a plan.
Now ten years and more have
Gone by: I've always known
where you were—
I might have gone to you
Hoping to win your love back.
You still are single.
I thought I must make it alone. I
Have done that.
Only in dream, like this dawn,
Does the grave, awed intensity
Of our young love
Return to my mind, ...