george fillingham Poems
- When Dad Died This was my dad’s big date. Some lessons are ...
- Vacant Lot, Paducah, Kentucky Vacant Lot, Paducah, Ky The ...
- A View From My Window Everyday I watch the traffic pass, ...
- Before He Died When Mary found him huddled by the ...
- The Ground Hog “..., though small As measured against the ...
- Feel Anything I could ask you to turn, to see, to listen, ...
- The Lady In Lake Morris Before Lake Morris was a lake Eunice...
Been writing a while. I love poems. Life is interesting and strange, and dull and normal. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about george fillingham
When Dad Died
This was my dad’s big date.
Some lessons are understood too late.
He felt lonelier than the sea
When mother died. Now he was left to me.
His girlfriend came to mother’s wake.
This broke whatever ties he wished to break.
His cancer, in remission, flared again.
My eldest boy sent for the ambulance.
My dad in hospital reflected on his circumstance.
“I need to fix a lot of things, ” he said.
Two days later he was dead.