Gero Lorna Poems
- To That Black Man We love you even though sometimes you ...
- Protection I gave to you, all my love with every breath I ...
- If I Should Leave You A day will come when a personal call ...
- Now I Know Why I watched you when I was a little girl. You ...
- Loves Questions Yesterday I was in love. Today I question ...
- Longing To Be Loved I trusted you as I have not trusted ...
- I Apologize I apologize for what I said the other day when I...
At the age of nine I experienced something that no child should ever endure. It was at that time I discovered my gift for writing.
I am the only girl in my family with five brothers. My father died when I was thirteen years old and my mother has been my rock. She has inspired many of my writings.
I am the mother of a beautiful little girl who has also inspired my new outlook on life. ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Gero Lorna
To That Black Man
We love you even though sometimes
you don’t deserve it.
We are your friends, your sisters, your girlfriends,
You lack what we as black women need
the most, respect.
We are struggling ourselves everyday
as we try to overcome the abuse
we have suffered, the love we have lost
and the “thank you’s” we have seldom heard.
You, black male should be our shelters
from the storms of discrimination, our
shields in the battle of abuse and not the
water in the wells in which we feel
we are drowning.