Gilbert Ortega Poems
- When Love Fades Like Inspirati... Love does fade like ...
- Passion Play A star was cast in a Hollywood passion ...
- The Gatekeeper Part 2 (In Memo...
- The Gatekeeper Part 1 (In Memo...
- For Jennifer I had sent no invitations No bottles out to ...
- Gilded Thorns I walk through gilded doors Glide, ghostlike, ...
- After Dreaming Of You I woke up this morning, after dreaming ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Gilbert Ortega
When Love Fades Like Inspiration
Love does fade like inspiration
When it doesn't meet one's expectations
I vow to write not one more love song
My heart strings have not strummed in so long
No more lines and no more verses
No odes or sonnets, poems or dirges
My pen is dry, my words are quelled
My love, the tree that you so felled
Don't sit and wait for another letter
On how you would make my life much better
Settle for a friendly greeting
Upon the time of our next meeting
And be happy with a fond goodbye
No tears, no kiss, no longing sigh
I'll give to you what you gave me
A blank ...