Gina Teel Poems
- At The Infusion Center On the days I sit among them Tubes ...
- The Closing Act I do believe that when my time comes to ...
- New Jersey 1979 Remembering those endless days yellow summer...
- Transient Ischemic Attack Acute sensation, nefarious ...
- Turning Off The Gas Man at my door in hard hat, jeans Well ...
- Civil War, The Malignancy Of B... I imagine it bloomed ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
At The Infusion Center
On the days I sit among them
Tubes dripping poison through our veins,
I make communion with these faces
As my potent cocktail slowly drains.
What a rare circus to join
Each silence shelters fear, it moves behind the eyes.
All the fatal, ungodly juices
are salvation in disguise.
And yet we do not speak of it,
Only pass the time. Only pass the time.
We pretend calm, smile at the nurses,
Pick at cardboard boxed lunches,
Breaking bread together.
Each acting as though our union
Is as innocuous
As talk about the weather.
There is a...