H.i Chesebit Poems
- I Have Been Eating Poetry Inspired by: ‘Ink runs from the ...
- Who Wears This Crown Vile base words though flung at ...
- Writer’s Block Should Never Be...
- Poet Of The Light I found one single poem today a glistening...
- Odds Against Finding Good Poem... One I scan the list ...
- Spam Poets Crash Poem Hunter S... A clue for you who cram ...
- Choice Poetic Fruits Choice Fruit Pick the apple of thy ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I Have Been Eating Poetry
‘Ink runs from the corners of my mouth
There is no happiness like mine.
I have been eating poetry.'
~Mark Strand, 'Eating Poetry, ' Reasons for Moving,1968
The following piece is dedicated to Marilyn Lott
O wonder of wonder
To eat and not get full
To taste, and smell and
touch the words
always longing for
just one more
I have been drinking
the wine of words
distilled of many muses
vintage beyond the power
my poor palate
Drunk, yet I cannot
drink my ...