harry hayes Poems
- Time And Tide Half a century since we bought our house, ...
- Ode To Son/Daughter Just think if I had strangled you' As I ...
- Don'T Die With Music Still Ins... Perchance for times of ...
- In Old Age A Trail Of Beauty To a lady who thought with love ...
- Pilloried Just two pills were in our cupboard, In days of ...
- St. Brigid's Disciples There are a myriad of reasons, Why ...
81 years of age. Still a golfer; magician; gardener; poet.
Ex police inspector. now a widower after 53 years. Two sons; three grand-children. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about harry hayes
Time And Tide
Half a century since we bought our house,
Which was standing all forlorn;
Love's young dreamers came along,
And a happy home re-born.
Nature blessed us with two fine boys,
And our wishes all came true;
Both lovingly raised to man-hood,
Then to seek out pastures new.
Darby and Joan left in residence,
Bond even stronger now;
Golden years spent together,
Three decades did God allow.
The dear lady is now in a nursing home,
It seems a bell will toll;
Sans mother and her children,
The old house has lost its soul.
What was ...