Hayley Lewis Poems
- Dancing Rigid denials carved reflections in the floor In ...
- To The Most Amazing Man Who Ev... I wanted to write some...
- False Deity I forgot, these promises I made To my false ...
- Dementia My soul crushed, Above and below irreputable ...
- To Winter Summer come, and summer go, Winter breath your ...
- The Un-Named Wherever tears have fallen, Broken flowers ...
- Doves Whenever doves come to me Fallen and broken In the ...
I have been writting since before I can remember. It is one of my true passions in life. Every emotion ever felt can be turned into verse and that is what I try to do with all of mine.
I have been inspired by all different kinds of writters, from the greats of poetry such as Shelley and Byron to the minds of classic literature such as George Eliot and Oscar Wilde.
Thank you for reading my work, the poet is mearly an unheard voice without it's audience. x more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Rigid denials carved reflections in the floor
In beer drenched coats and thrown away inhabitations
Tussled hair and sweat soaked shirts
Throwing caution to the wind
Dancing to personified emotion
Your eyes leaking sonnets while you wake
Dazzled and unsuspecting in the absence of light
I mime your words with you
Tearing every inch of sanity to hear that voice
Dancing to the essence of life
Yet those words leak into my blood as you did
Circulate my deepest wishes and fears
Hair flung to hide my eyes
My laughter bent and bitter so you won’t ...