Helen Ivory Poems
- Night-Time At The Office The solitary light at the top of ...
- Safe-House Residents are ghosts; sheet-covered in every ...
- In That House Every floorboard is a tip-off, every door a ...
- The Breakfast Machine Behind a wood sliding door the ...
- Apples And Stars Your face is melting into her face, the ...
Helen Ivory was born in Luton in 1969 but has lived in Norwich for nearly 20 years. She did a Foundation Art and Design and has a BA (hons) in Cultural Studies from Norwich School of Art and Design. In 1999 she won a major Eric Gregory Award from the Society of Authors for a collection of then unpublished poems and in 2005 she was given an Art’s Council Writer’s Award.
She has three ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Helen Ivory
Night-Time At The Office
The solitary light
at the top of the office block
way after midnight
where a hand in the darkness
stamps yesterday’s date
on letters that will never be sent.
There is nothing here
but the buzz of the light
and the soft fluttering of moth.
A pile of letters teeters
on the edge of the desk,
their recipients, sound in their beds.