Howard Howie Johnson
Howard Howie Johnson Poems
- Harlem Nights Harlem nights are always busy ebony bodies in...
- Set My People Free You took us from our homeland discarded ...
- The Gutless Oner Here I am again oner just to taunt you ...
- To The Oner Well oner you showed yourself for what I called...
- The Coward On Ph There is a coward on PH, a coward people ...
- Cotton Fields Of Birmingham In my bibbed overalls and lunch...
- Forbidden Paradise The beasts of the Jungle are calling out...
I am the creation of someone else, a non-de-plume you might say. What I publish here are what they feel others would not understand if they published them. On 21 April 2009 they created me.
HJ 22/4/09 more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Howard Howie Johnson
Harlem nights are always busy
ebony bodies in profusion.
There is a lot going on there
street corners thrive
with deals going on.
Music spills out everywhere
from dingy bars.
Fights are not uncommon
bloodstains are evidence to that.
There are no go areas
as gangs see to that.
Harlem nights are dangerous nights
struck with ribbons of red.
No peace there.
Hookers thrive for attention
if you drive by.
Children cry desperate tears
as mothers strain to stay alive.
Harlem nights don’t rest easy
and shout don’t come here, ...