Humayun Nasir Poems
- 15th August To Bengali People Mourn It's a command I demmand...
- Young Girl Its not ice-cream or pizza so smooth and ...
- Defeat I thought I could bring you down with this nimble ...
- Reality She wanted to come to me I wanted to go to her It ...
- Understanding The sun sets with thousand emeralds ...
- Salut Mon Amiee Salut, mon amiee My darling, can I ask you ...
- War It should have been easy very easy, like a piece of ...
Son of a literature hungry chemist, got appetite for literatue from very childhood. First poem published when he was only 10 years old. Presently an Air Force pilot. Also fond of painting and trekking. And a voracious reader of everything....... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Humayun Nasir
15th August To Bengali People
It's a command I demmand you
mourn, fool and so ignorant
you must mourn
History is clear, amazingly open
and you still say you don't know that
a pity, I must say you should mourn,
you deserve no sympathy, you lost all
In this caged race, they will dominate, a few
and you so enormous don't understand
what you lost, your root
you must mourn, you want deception, prefer ambiguity
afraid! I have no sympathy
my poor fellow, beloved countrymen
you must mourn.
Note: Bengali people still today say they don't know the real history of ...